Locomation, Inc. is bringing together leading experts in robotics and transportation to revolutionize the trucking industry. Locomation is making trucking safer and transportation more efficient through automated driving technology. With our headquarters located in Pittsburgh, PA, we are building a high-performance team excited by complex engineering challenges and passionate about shaping the future of transportation.
We are recruiting top talent to be a part of our growing, fast-moving and execution-oriented team. We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek to help build this future. We want you here at Locomation, if you have a collaborative spirit and curiosity.
About Your Work:
- In collaboration with an Automated Truck Operator, supervise Locomation’s ARC technology in test vehicles.
- Learn the principles behind ARC technology, including sensing, perception, and control.
- Learn the implementation details of ARC technology in Locomation test vehicles including sensors, computing components, and actuators.
- Execute tests to plans supplied by internal engineering and technology teams.
- Execute tests authored by third parties or regulatory/standards organizations.
- Participate in test planning activities and author test plans and road-maps.
- Organize testing logistics (schedule test facilities, setup test sites, coordinate with drivers, etc.).
- Provide verbal and written reports on test results, incidents and anomalies to other teams.
- Understand functional safety principles as they apply to documenting test plans, test configurations, and test results.
- 2+ years experience in automotive testing or similar (aviation, rail, etc.).
- B.S. in an engineering, technology, or related field.
- Experience with test support software (e.g. Git, Jira, JAMA, DOORS).
- Attentive to detail and willing to provide independent and critical feedback.
- Physically capable of climbing into and out of a Class 8 truck multiple times per day.
- Willing to travel extensively. 2-3 week trips, 5-10 times per year.
- Willing to work shifts that match commercial driver schedules (11 hours of driving in a 14 hour shift).
- Have a current and valid driver’s license.
Nice To Haves:
- Advanced degree in an engineering, technology, or related field.
- Experience testing ADAS or AV systems.
- Familiarity with using the Linux operating system.
- Familiarity with the principles of software development.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Locomation, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable laws and Locomation, Inc. employment policies.
Industry FieldsAutonomous cars